HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Thinking Mind by Candice Moraga

A Thinking Mind
by Candice Moraga

Does anyone hear me when I sing?
What does it mean – does it mean a thing?
I still can’t seem to fully express
The pain that is only revealed through duress
How do I keep from being eaten alive
by something I’m continually forced to hide?
Who’s got my back?  Who understands?
Without having to meet their fucked-up demands?
It seems that people just take & take
They never ease up & I need a break
Can’t people tell when I back away
To me – their harassment’s not a game – not play
But no – they just fuckin’ touch anyway
And I feel suicidal at the end of the day
Don’t they know I’m a human being?
Can’t they be content with just seeing?
I’ll give them my voice – I give them my soul
But they only want part of me – not the whole
All they want from me is my body
All they want from me is to be naughty
Damn you all – can’t you tell how I feel?
Can’t you see I’m trying to be real?
Don’t you want anything more from me?
Something beyond just what you see?
Under these tits is a heart that’s kind
Under this makeup – a thinking mind