HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Your Gravity… Quicksand by Candice Moraga

Your Gravity… Quicksand                      by Candice Moraga

You make me sick - Your view of the world is sick
Your whole life is a war - You make it so
And so you have dragged me into your shell-struck world
Just like your father dragged you into his
Can’t you see?  It never ends
Your son – in jail for being violent… can you see it?
He doesn’t see it’s NOT OK
How can you think it’s OK for a grown man to hit a small child?
What do you think it does to a small child when you tell them
“I wish I had flushed you down the toilet the day you were born!”
Did you really think that was OK?
How are you supposed to grow whole when you think you’re shit?
When you hit someone you take a piece of their soul
Irreplaceable
I don’t want to be a part of your twisted world –
A sea filled with sharks –
“Kill or be killed”
I don’t want to live in your father’s world
I’m afraid of my children living in my world, your world…
Because they’ll be born with my scars
I’m not sure how I’m supposed to heal
I’m not sure of how I let go
It’s part of my identity too now
What do you dream of when you sleep?
Do you ever have nightmares?
I know you do because you’ve given them to me
For every time you’ve hit me, I’ve hit myself twice
I’ll rip myself apart for you
So you can stop now
Every time you tell me I’m worthless –
 I’ll replay it hundreds of times…
You don’t have to do any more
I wish I could escape myself
I think I need to get a lobotomy
Otherwise I’ll never be rid of your sickness
When your body lies in the grave, I’ll carry it on
You say the world is what you make of it –
I couldn’t agree more

Your gravity pulls me down
….like quicksand