HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Saturday, December 10, 2011

When To Use Mace by Candice Moraga

When To Use Mace          by Candice Moraga

I could’ve saved us so much time, had I used that can of mace
Luckily, I’ll be long gone, before sunrise, without a trace
I must’ve been in a trance
Crazy to actually take a chance
Knowing a horizontal dance
Could never lead to sweet romance
They call it “Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places”
“Looking for Love in Friendly Faces”
I call it being a fool
Now I’ve mopped up that drool
And I’m out the door
Lest you become a bore
Still, my heart is sore
It wanted so much more
But I’ve lost my faith in human affection
Settling for fleeting, transient attention
Where the hell is my White Knight?
Where the hell is Mr. Right?
I think it’s all bullshit lies
I’ve gambled on love – numerous tries
I’ve hurt enough – I’ve paid my due
No – nobody could possibly get through
My impenetrable fortress, constructed yet again
For locked away, is where my heart’s been