HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Premarital Sin by Candice Moraga

Premarital Sin
by Candice Moraga

Nestled sweetly under the sheets
Warm and moist where our skin meets
Thinking about last night’s embrace
Staring at his slumbering face
His funny lip shape, sublimely divine
I get drunk off those lips like Sangria wine
I sigh and heave as I reminisce
One more time, of last night’s kiss
Thoughts of forever, then a doubting mind
We break it off, then try to rewind
Wondering what the future will bring
Haven’t I yet learned anything?
What the hell am I doing?
Have I gone insane?
What the hell’s going on, inside my brain?
He’s probably going to pierce my heart –
Something I’ve known right from the start
Still, I didn’t hesitate
My heart was captured, and now it’s too late
How long before he takes me for granted?
How long before I’ve raved and I’ve ranted?
Is he a wolf in sheep’s clothing – or the reverse?
Will my heart end up carried off in a hearse?
But I must enjoy danger, for I dive right in –
Savor the flavor –
Premarital Sin