HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Exotic Vacation by Candice Moraga

Exotic Vacation
By Candice Moraga

How could I dare to offer you up one word that I’ve writ?
When every line you’ve written is engorged with all this wit?
If you were here, I’d hide my prose –
 You wouldn’t read one line
I’d cringe to think of comparison to yours –
Reaching sublime
I’d have to tie you down and force you,
Just to hear my scribblings long
I’d probably have to torture you,
To make you hear one song
Least I know my secrets are safe,
Hidden within these pages
You’ll not be distressed by my inner tumult,
The storm that, within me, rages
I’m content to bask in your glow,
Watching the gears of your mind crank and spin
It’s thrilling that you let me wander
Through the labyrinth lying within
Forgetting my troubles, what I had to say,
It’s nice not to focus on me
You’re a vacation
An exotic locale
An isle in a distant sea