HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Soul Camo by Candice Moraga

Soul Camo
By Candice Moraga

Divalicious Candi – Yes, she’s a dream
But I tell you – the REAL me is more than I seem
I’ve got much deeper thoughts rolling ‘round in this head
Than should my lipgloss be pink or red
Can’t you see past the disguise?
If you stopped looking at my ass, and tried instead my eyes
Maybe there you’d find a surprise
Maybe then you’d realize
I do this ‘cause I love music
I do this ‘cause I was born to sing
But you won’t let the REAL me do this - No, you want this other thing
So I do what I have to – I do what I must
But you won’t gain my love, You won’t earn my trust
You don’t offer love – You offer me lust
If you do what is right, If you do what is just
You’ll love me when my eyeliner’s off
You’ll love me with mucus and when I cough
You’ll do more than THEM to fill this hole
You’ll see the REAL me – You’ll see my soul
But you won’t hear my song, and you won’t hear my rhyme
That’s why I tell you I’ve got no time
I’ll never be yours, and you’ll never be mine