HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Friday, December 9, 2011

Lack of Loneliness by Candice Moraga

Lack of Loneliness                         by Candice Moraga

Being paid to perform at night
Makes one shun the activity in light
Knowing the teeth with which crowds use to cut
Makes diving into one give you a fright
Performing onstage, separated from the rest
-Not scary to me! – Being immersed is the test
Doling out positive energy’s easy
Compared with deflecting intentions of sleazy,
Or even just hollowed-out, self-absorbed shells
Of people who don’t swim in spiritual wells
Of consciousness and good intentions
After being with whom you need interventions
From the rare few whose words are kind
To restore yourself to a peaceful mind
Interruptions to my flow
From someone who I do not know
I take a breath and prepare to resist
-Absorb only good! – on this I insist
Avoiding those who are careless and mean
I map out the minefields of the scene
Who only causes me anguish and pain?
From whose little world do I wish to refrain?
Too long mindlessly positive
But now – too long have I had to live
To not know sharks await me there
To plun ge right in without a care
I ask myself – do I dare?
I’ll end up stitching this worn heart’s tear