HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

HUNDREDS of mp3s benefitting Divalicious Candi Wildlife Habitat at DivaliciousCandi.com/mp3s

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rembrandt, I Ain't by Candice Moraga

Rembrandt… I Ain’t                     By Candice Moraga

Last night I had a dream
And when I woke I had to scream
The daggers, knives – how they flew
And one flew right into you
Then your body disappeared
And everywhere – blood was smeared
I don’t know what happened to your remains
The carpet was soaked – spotted with stains
Though I was numb, I had a sense
I needed to clean up the evidence
I grabbed a sponge, I grabbed some soap
I didn’t waste time, and I didn’t mope
And while I poured the detergent on thick
The realization hit like a brick
Suddenly I was aware…
And realized that I didn’t care
And so I cleaned, and so I scrubbed
Into the carpet, the soap I rubbed
Then as I wandered on down the hall
My attention turned to the blood-splattered wall
I thought of converting it to abstract art
I thought that was clever, I thought that was smart
I used the blood like finger-paint
But Monet, Picasso, Rembrandt… I ain’t
Calm and collected – a murderess
I was more disturbed by the blood on my dress
I thought I should warn you to act warily
Before dreams morph to reality